Powered by Blogger.

Cetaphil Skin Care Review


My skin is something that has always bothered me, true I don't have the worst skin in the world but I've always been conscious about it. Over the years I've tried and tested many skin care products and have had some great, and some disastrous results. Now, I think I may have found a winner in Cetaphil skin care and I can't wait to share it with you.


Who is Cetaphil?

Cetaphil is a line of skin care products from Galderma Laboratories. The range includes; bar soap, cream, lotions, cleansers & moisturizers. Its target audience is people with dry, sensitive or acne-prone skin, an alternative to harsher soaps. 

It is highly known for its line of scent-free lotion and moisturizers. It is oil-free and can be applied to all types of skin because of its simplicity and non-harsh chemical build up. I was able to find a list of Cetaphil ingredients on their Wikipedia page which are as followed; water, cetyl alcohol, propylene glycol, sodium lauryl sulfate, stearyl alcohol, methylparaben, propylparaben & butylparaben. 

I've been trying out these little trios and I do quite like sets like this, as you get a chance to try before you buy the full sized product. There have been countless times where I spend money on a full sized product to not have it work on my skin, so things like this do make me very happy. 

IMG_0052

What are the products?

First up we have the Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion. This is said to bind water to the skin and prevent moisture loss. It is for sensitive or dry skin, fragrance-free & non-comedogenic. It retails for €15.15 over at McCabes Pharmacy.
The benefits and features of this product are as followed:
  • Clinically proven to bind water to the skin and prevent moisture loss. Quick absorption and long-lasting hydration of the (outer-most layer of the skin).
  • Helps maintain skin's natural protective barrier which provides immediate soothing and softening.
  • Fragrance-free and lanolin-free formulation, appropriate for the sensitive or dry skin.
  • Specifically formulated to hydrate sensitive or dry skin.
  • Recommended to re-hydrate damaged skin associated with common skin conditions and following dermatological treatments.
Next up we have the Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser. This is great for daily makeup removal. Originally formulated for dermatologists, this cleanser is gentle on your skin and sensitive to your skin’s needs. This cleanser retails for €15.15 also over at McCabes Pharmacy. 
The benefits and features of this product are as followed:
  • Daily cleansing of the sensitive or dry skin
  • Soap-free
  • Fragrance-free
  • Non-comedogenic
  • Recommended as a gentle, non-irritating daily cleanser for sensitive and dry skin.
  • Soap-free formula removing dirt, make-up and other impurities without drying the skin.
  • Helps skin retain needed moisture.
  • Leaves skin feeling soft smooth and healthy. 
  • Soothes and softens as it cleans.
  • PH balanced for effective and gentle cleansing.
  • Gentle yet effective skin cleansing even for baby skin.
  • Recommended for the cleansing of damaged skin associated with common skin conditions and following dermatological treatments.
Lastly, we have the Cetaphil Moisturising Cream. This contains a system of extra-strength emollients and humectants clinically proven to bind water to the skin and prevent moisture loss. This retails for €13.99 from Boots.
The features and benefits of this product are as followed: 
 • Intense and lasting moisture to replenish sensitive, dry skin — great for very dry skin
• Clinically proven to provide immediate, long-lasting hydration that soothes dry, sensitive skin
• Unique formula attracts water to the skin and helps prevent moisture loss 
• Quick absorbing, rich, non-greasy
• Fragrance-free, mild, non-irritating

What are my opinions on these products?

I know that was a hell of a lot of information to throw at you, but I do like to be thorough and take the time to find out what's actually in my products and what they are supposed to do for my skin. Now that we have all of that information out of the way, it's time to get on to what I actually think of the products.

To start, my skin is extremely sensitive. I do break out from most new skin care products & have to be very careful about what I use but luckily, that wasn't the case with these. The fact that I didn't wake up with a tomato red face already earns this brand one point in my book, but in saying that, every person's skin is different and may react to different things. For me though, the sensitive skin label on these products definitely rings true. Apart from being sensitive, my skin is also very dry, especially around my nose, jaw, and mouth. The rest of my face is sort of all right but can get bad at times. So as you can imagine it is mega important for me to have a lot of moisture on my face (and rest of my body) and these products were absolutely amazing for that. My skin just feels so insanely soft and hydrated, more so than it has with any other skin care product I've used before.

Another thing I suffer from is redness, especially around my nose, chin & forehead. I noticed over the course of the two weeks that my redness decreased dramatically. I'm not entirely sure why it helped my redness, but it did and for that, I'm very grateful and I hope it keeps up!

For me, the moisturizing cream seems a bit strange as the benefits and features are nearly identical to the moisturizing lotion. I know the cream is for body only and one could argue that they have different creams for different purposes, but the lotion can be used on both face and body and gives the exact same results, so for me, I'm not sure I personally would buy the full size of both as one could do both jobs. Although, having a full size moisturizing cream means more lotion for my face, yay!

Overall, I think these products are actually really good & I thoroughly enjoyed the mini trios. I will definitely be getting my hands on the full size products as they have been saving my skin. I do think I'll continue using these alongside my everyday skin products because as I said, it cleared up my redness amazingly and has been doing wonders for my dry skin. 

Have you ever tried anything from Cetaphil? Leave me know in the comments below.


PIN FOR LATER:



WANT TO SEE MORE?

Check out my previous post here.

4 comments

  1. We use the face wash in my home and it's the only thing we can all tolerate. I have two teenagers and a pre-teen and we all have pretty sensitive skin so I was very happy to find their product line.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh really? I've never tried the face wash so must look into that. So glad you've found something that works for all of you. Having sensitive skin can suck!

      Delete
  2. I've never used these products before, but I'm very glad they worked so well for you - I hope it continues. I like that you say you can get little sample bottles - it's so annoying to take a risk on something and then get stuck with a huge bottle of something that doesn't even work for you (as well as losing the money). I'm not looking for new skin products at the moment, but when I am, I will definitely check this brand out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I hope it continues too! If you ever are looking for new products I would definitely recommend checking out this brand, of course I hope the products you're currently using continue to work for you!

      Delete